"I started off as an English major, and then after my first year I decided ‘why not go into a joint major?’ I just think it’s kind of the best way to get the most out of your degree."
Studying English Literature at Trent will prepare you for any career that demands creativity, critical inquiry, and strong communication and writing skills. Explore history and culture through language, with literature courses spanning the medieval centuries to the global world of today. Seminar and workshop classes provide opportunities for discussion, critical thinking, and one-on-one interaction with leading scholars.
- B.A. (Honours)
The Trent Advantage
- Develop a solid foundation for graduate studies and/or professional studies
- Engage with authors during guest lectures and study with award-winning faculty dedicated to teaching and research
- Explore alternative learning methods, including dramatic performances, music, peer-assessed active learning, blogging, or take your love of books international through the Barbara Rooke Travel Prize
- American Horror
- Shakespeare for the Classroom and Stage
- Children’s Literature
- Literature & Globalization
- Popular Fiction
- Producing Punk
- Public Relations Specialist
- Communications Strategist
- Arts Critic