Bachelor of Education
As a teacher you’re more than just an instructor; you’re also a mentor, facilitator and well-rounded educator. What kind of teacher will you be? Available upon completion of your undergraduate degree, the Consecutive Education program at Trent gives you the certification you need to teach at the elementary or secondary level in Ontario. This specialized two-year program is guided by philosophies rooted in curriculum excellence, environmental sustainability, activism and justice, Indigenous Knowledge and ways of knowing, inclusive education and well-being, and a commitment to professionalism.
- Complete 95 days of placements at four different schools through our Classroom Practicum
- Benefit from 75 hours of hands-on experience through the Alternative Settings Placement: teaching abroad; Indigenous land-based learning and garden outdoor programs; gaming as learning; Camp fYrefly programming; community outreach. The options are practically endless.
- Gain experience responding to students with special needs through our Supporting Literacy Placement
- Complete the Eco-Mentorship Certificate Program and show your future principal you are committed to bringing environmental education to your students
"One of the things that I'm most excited about for my future in being a teacher is providing the sort of role model that my profs here have provided for me."
Elementary School Teacher
Elementary school and kindergarten teachers teach basic subjects such as reading, writing and arithmetic or specialized subjects such as English or French as a second language at public and private elementary schools.
- Career Counsellor
- Curriculum Designer
- Literacy Specialist
- Training/Adult Education Specialist
- Educational Researcher
- School Board Administrator
- Language Instructor
- Understanding Teaching and Learning
- Concepts and Dispositions in Teaching and Learning
- Learning and Literacy
- Topics in Mathematics Education
- A STEAM Driven Classroom
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
Program Requirements:More Requirements
#1 Undergrad University
Where award-winning architecture meets state-of-the-art research facilities and dynamic student spaces.Visit Trent
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch