Cultural Studies (Co-op Available)
Cultural Studies is a deep, critical dive into modern culture that will help you to uncover the hidden politics of everyday life. As a student in this program, you will gain the tools to critique and create cultural objects and practices – everything from games to graffiti, print to painting, and music to film. You’ll study culture by reading, talking, and doing, taking lecture and workshop courses in literature, fine art, media, and theory. And you’ll ask (and seek answers to) the questions about how culture shapes our lives, and vice versa.
Earn your Master’s degree in Cultural Studies within one year of graduation from your honours B.A.
- B.A. (Honours)
- B.A. Co-op (Peterborough Only)
- Explore your strengths and career interests, and graduate with 12 months of work experience (and income) through the new four-year B.A. co-op option, giving you the competitive edge for future career success
- Gain work experience in fields like theatre, media production, and curation through our fourth-year Internship in Media and Cultural Studies
- Learn from professors who are defining the study of culture today, like Dr. Anne Pasek, the Canada Research Chair in Media, Culture, and the Environment
- Immerse yourself in courses led by renowned theatre directors, artists, musicians, writers, and filmmakers, as you gain hands-on experience with a variety of media including photography, theatre and podcasting
- Complete hands-on course work that gives you the opportunity to engage with a variety of media, including photography, theatre, music, film, radio, and podcasting
"You get the hands on feel of workshops and learning how to use practical technology."
Advertising, marketing and public relations managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of establishments and departments involved in commercial, industrial and e-business advertising, marketing and public relations. They are employed by commercial and industrial establishments, government departments, and advertising, marketing and public relations firms or consulting businesses.
- Communications Director
- Art Critic
- Fundraising Director
- Game Designer
- Advertising and Marketing Executive
- Web Content Manager
- Cultural Events Planner
- Science Fiction
- Music and Society
- Game Studies
- Television Studies
- Theatre Workshops
- Global Media
- Experimental Film Workshop
- Pop After Rock
- Climate Change Fiction
- Ecological Art Workshop
#1 Undergrad University
Where award-winning architecture meets state-of-the-art research facilities and dynamic student spaces.Visit Trent
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch