Conservation Biology* (Co-Op or Placement Option)
In this program – the only one of its kind in Ontario – you’ll hands-on, valuable experience working with groups like the Ministry of Natural Resources & Forestry, Nature Conservancy Canada, Metro Toronto Zoo, Parks Canada and more.
With so many of the world’s species currently at risk, there is an essential need for experts who are capable of creating innovative solutions to counteract the growing loss of wildlife and their habitat. In Conservation Biology you’ll study the science behind the decline of biological diversity to better understand the solutions to this worldwide crisis.
Accelerated Master's Degree
Fast-track your education, by earning your M.Sc. in Environmental & Life Sciences (ELS) in only 12-16 months after graduating from your B.Sc.
- B.Sc. Co-op Option (5-year degree)
- B.Sc. Placement Option (4-year degree)
The Trent Advantage
- Complete the competitive five-year co-op option: graduate with experience through completing three paid work terms working with leading conservation organizations and agencies
- Choose the four-year placement option: spend the last eight months of your degree gaining practical, real-world experience in the field of Conservation Biology
- Benefit from access to state-of-the-art labs and facilities in Trent’s DNA, Life & Health Sciences Building
- Conservation Biology
- Biology of Invasions
- Population Dynamics
- Advanced Ecology
- Species-at-Risk Biologist
- Environmental Lawyer
- Research Scientist
- Zoo Biologist
- Ecological Consultant
- Conservation Manager