The ability to create, manipulate, and speak the language of technology has become one of the most valued skill sets applicable to almost every industry. This skill set is uniquely developed when studied through the lens of the typical user: humans. When you study Computing Systems, you will bring digital tech to life, by applying theories of ethics, law and culture to develop the form and function of digital environments.
- Durham GTA
- Undertake an undergraduate research thesis and investigate a specific field of interest with the expert guidance of your prof
- Develop interpersonal skills as you gain work experience in internship courses
- Round out your areas of expertise by pursuing a joint-major (Honours) and diving into topics outside the academic discipline of Computing Systems.
Software engineers and designers research, design, evaluate, integrate and maintain software applications, technical environments, operating systems, embedded software, information warehouses and telecommunications software. They are employed in information technology consulting firms, information technology research and development firms, and information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.
- Database Administrator
- Software Systems Developer
- Network Systems Administrator
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Technical Writer
- Web Developer
- Web Application Development
- Computer Crime & Forensics
- Introduction Into Data Science
- Project Management
- Multimedia and Design
- Computer Networks
- Artificial Intelligence
- Systems Programming
- Computer Graphics
- Human-Computer Interactions
- Data Mining
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
#1 Undergrad University
Many students say they knew Trent was right for them when they visited campus. Come see for yourself.Visit Trent
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch