Get up-close and personal as you explore the world from a molecular level and beyond. Studying Chemistry at Trent allows you to gain experiences in the lab and engage with leading experts in the chemical sciences. An intellectually challenging and rewarding program, Chemistry prepares you to look at the world differently. You’ll learn about fundamental discoveries in chemistry, while making discoveries of your own as you gain experience in modern chemical research, experimental design and technical laboratory skills.
Fast-track your education, by earning your M.Sc. in Environmental & Life Sciences in only 12-16 months after graduating from your honours B.Sc.
- B.Sc. (Honours)
- Assist in research projects with experts who are as engaged in active research as they are in the classroom
- Gain experience working with specialized equipment for modern experimental and theoretical chemistry
- Get involved as a member of the popular Trent Chemistry Undergraduate Society, which provides peer tutoring and builds community among faculty and fellow students
- Present your research findings in the multidisciplinary undergraduate research 3-Minute Paper Competition
"Chemistry at Trent is all about taking the small minute, atoms, particles, and looking at in a big world, productive way."
Community pharmacists and hospital pharmacists compound and dispense prescribed pharmaceuticals and provide consultative services to both clients and health care providers. They are employed in retail and hospital pharmacies, or they may be self-employed. Industrial pharmacists participate in the research, development, promotion and manufacture of pharmaceutical products. They are employed in pharmaceutical companies and government departments and agencies.
- Research Scientist
- Food and Drug Inspector
- Pollution Controller
- Medical Doctor
- Quality Control Manager
- Patent Examiner
- Green Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
- Biochemical Concepts
- Atmospheric Environmental Chemistry
- Molecules of Murder
- Modern Organic Synthesis
- Polymeric Materials
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- SCH4U and MHF4U or MCV4U
- A minimum 70% overall final average
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
#1 Undergrad University
Where award-winning architecture meets state-of-the-art research facilities and dynamic student spaces.Visit Trent
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch