- Develop your skills as a thoughtful, critical, and effective communicator through discussion-based lectures led by professors who are leading authors, artists, and researchers
- Become a creative problem-solver by studying across disciplines in the social sciences and humanities to explore different and complementary ways of thinking
- Get hands-on career-boosting experience in courses that allow you to put your creativity to use at Trent, in the community, and beyond
- Learn the foundations for academic success in the unique first-year course UNIV1000H with just 20 students and led by an esteemed leading prof
This unit group includes specialists in advertising, marketing and public relations who analyse, develop and implement communication and promotion strategies and information programs, analyse advertising needs and develop appropriate advertising and marketing plans, publicize activities and events, and maintain media relations on behalf of businesses, governments and other organizations, and for performers, athletes, writers and other talented individuals. They are employed by consulting firms, advertising agencies, corporations, associations, government, social agencies, museums, galleries, public interest groups, and cultural and other organizations, or they may be self-employed. Agents such as entertainment, literary and sports agents are included in this unit group.
- Start in Honours Arts in first year and move into the humanities or social sciences program of your choice in second year – English, History, Economics, Anthropology, Media Studies, International Development... choose from 30+ B.A. degrees.
- Gods, Heroes, Monsters
- Introduction to the Integrated Arts
- Making a Scene
- Gender, Race and Popular Culture
- Ten Days That Shook the World
- Critical Thinking
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average (unless otherwise specified below)
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
#1 Undergrad University
Many students say they knew Trent was right for them when they visited campus. Come see for yourself.Visit Trent
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch