ESL: English for University
Trent’s uniquely accredited ESL: English for University program allows students to take advantage of the full university experience and gain credit toward any undergraduate degree while building their language, research, and academic abilities. If you are admitted to Trent and your English proficiency does not meet our minimum requirements, you will receive conditional admission to the academic program you have applied to with a pathway through Trent-ESL. Successful completion of this English language and academic skills program will guarantee your place in the academic program with no further IELTS or TOEFL testing required. This is an ideal way to immerse in English, live the full campus experience, and form new friendships in Trent’s close-knit campus community.
- An average class size of 14 students means you receive exceptional personalized attention
- In the top two levels of ESL - Academic English 1 and Academic English 2 - you earn one full undergraduate credit per course and can also take up to two 1/2 credit (.5) courses towards your degree
- Academic English courses prepare students for all degree programs with discipline, specific assignments and vocabulary
- Dedicated support staff and orientation programs are available to you to help you succeed in your studies
- Flexible programming with four start times each year (September, January, April, and June)
- Can graduate Trent-ESL with only 17 credits to go to complete your Honours Degree
#1 Undergrad University
Where award-winning architecture meets state-of-the-art research facilities and dynamic student spaces.Visit Trent
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch