Science (Honours B.Sc.)
With so many leading-edge facilities and notable faculty members at Trent, choosing the science degree you want to pursue can be challenging. If you’re interested in general sciences but haven’t yet decided on a specific program, this flexible firstyear pathway is for you. Honours Science allows you to explore courses across various science programs before declaring a major or joint-major in your second year. You can even choose to combine different disciplines, taking courses from programs across both the sciences and arts.
The Trent Science Advantage:
- Put your science interests to the test in our state-of-the-art labs and on-campus science facilities
- Learn alongside the experts in a variety of science disciplines – who better to help you find your academic path?
- Get hands-on research experience starting as early as first year with dedicated mentorship
Start in Honours Science in first year and move into the science program of your choice in second year – Environmental Science, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology…which major will you choose?
Explore your interests by taking a variety of introductory first-year courses in virtually any science discipline, including:
- Biological Anthropology: Becoming Human
- Human Anatomy
- The Digital World
- Introductory Astronomy
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%