Social Work (B.S.W.)
Graduate from an accredited social work program that qualifies you for success in your chosen social work career path.
Be at the frontline of community, family, and individual care, all while working towards creating the conditions necessary for social change and equality. In the Social Work program at Trent, you will have the opportunity to study in an interdisciplinary approach to Social Work that incorporates social justice, human rights, and cultural awareness to build a strong foundation of clinical knowledge, critical thinking skills, and social responsibility. You will also be able to put these skills to the test even before you graduate by applying to the competitive professional years of the program in years three and four, and will have the opportunity to focus exclusively on social work theory and practice, including 700 hours of supervised placement.
- 700 hours of hands-on placement in the professional years program, working with mental health associations, sexual assault centres, community counselling, shelters, social services and more
- Make your mark through the social and community events that take place on campus every day or by joining the Trent Social Work Society
- Meet leading thinkers and social activists in the field through a variety of on-campus lectures and workshops
Social Worker; Counselling; Community Developer; Child Welfare; Mental Health Counselling; Social Policy Analyst
Social Welfare; Social Work Leadership; Anti-oppressive Child Welfare; Feminist Informed Trauma Practice; Social Work Communication; Social Work and Indigenous Perspectives
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
Please note that admissions requirements are outlined for 1st-year entrance. Students in the Social Work program must apply for their professional years. For more information please visit: trentu.ca/socialwork
Discover more about the Social Work program at trentu.ca/socialwork