Arts (Honours B.A.)
Become a creative problem-solver by studying across disciplines in the social sciences and humanities to explore different and complementary ways of thinking
With so many fascinating arts programs at Trent Durham, it can be difficult to know which degree to choose. If you’re interested in general arts but haven’t yet decided on a specific program, this flexible first-year pathway is for you. You’ll have the flexibility to combine different disciplines and take courses from programs across the humanities and social sciences.
The Trent Arts Advantage
- Develop your skills as a thoughtful, critical, and effective communicator through discussion-based lectures led by professors who are leading authors, artists, and researchers
- Become a creative problem-solver by studying across disciplines in the social sciences and humanities to explore different and complementary ways of thinking
- Get hands-on experience in courses that allow you to put your creativity to use at Trent, in the community, and beyond
Start in Honours Arts in first-year and move into the humanities or social sciences program of your choice in second year – English, History, Anthropology, Media Studies and Child & Youth Studies… the choice is yours.
Explore your interests by taking a variety of introductory first-year courses in virtually any arts discipline, including:
- Gods, Heroes, Monsters
- Introduction to the Integrated Arts
- Making a Scene
- Gender Matters: Issues and Contexts
- Ten Days That Shook the World
- Critical Thinking