What do you believe, and why? Philosophy can help with the answers. You will study fundamental questions about the world and your place in it. As a student of philosophy at Trent, you can explore questions about the nature of reality, the meaning of human existence, ethics, and the limits of knowledge. Students of philosophy develop advanced skills in critical thinking, problem- solving, and communication – valuable foundations in any number of career choices
For more information about the Philosophy program, please contact:
Durham Campus Enrolment Advisor, Tawny Weese
email@example.com 905.435.5102 ext 5003
Durham Campus Rm. 101.2
Studying Philosophy at TrentU Durham? Your typical first year will look like this:
- PHIL 1000H - Introduction to Philosophy: Knowledge and Reality,
- PHIL 1100H - Introduction to Philosophy: Moral and Political and
- PHIL 1200H - Critical Thinking are strongly recommended for all students in Philosophy
and 3.5 Elective credits
Interested in pursuing a joint-major with Philosophy? You would be required to take the neccessary introductory courses during your first year of study as well.
First Year Philosophy Course Descriptions:
- PHIL 1000H: Introduction to Philosophy: Knowledge and Reality - An introduction to philosophy through a study of fundamental philosophical problems, concerning the nature of reality, knowledge, and the mind, as presented in contemporary writings and/or classical texts.
- PHIL 1100H: Introduction to Philosophy: Moral and Political - An introduction to philosophy through a study of fundamental philosophical problems in moral and political philosophy, as presented in contemporary writings and/or classical texts.
- PHIL 1200H: Critical Thinking - An introduction to basic principles of good reasoning and argumentation in everyday life and various academic disciplines. Topics include argument structure and evaluation, clarity of expression, common mistakes in reasoning, inductive and deductive reasoning, and formal logics.
- Human Resources Executive
- Human Rights Officer
- Public Relations Professional
- Equity Advisor
- Ethics Consultant
- Marketing Executive