Learn from world-renowned historians who are sought out for their unique expertise as you tailor your courses by theme, such as colonialism or civil rights, or by time period and location, from classic Rome to modern-day Canada.
One of the most established and versatile university majors, the study of History paves the way for discovering human behaviour patterns, seeing beyond stereotypes, and discerning the difference between assumption and fact. As a History student at Trent, you’ll have the opportunity to explore a variety of political and cultural themes while developing dynamic research, analytical, and communication skills that will become invaluable tools for your future career. You’ll be met with a welcoming learning environment where you are encouraged to pursue the study of your particular interests. Your time in class will come alive with guest speakers and engaging discussions with professors and peers.
Accelerated Master's Degree
Fastrack your education by earning your Master's degree in History at our Peterborough campus within one year of graduation from your B.A.
- Our small-group teaching environment means you'll know your profs and they will know you - a great advantage for that personal reference after graduation
- A world of job opportunities awaits graduates with the analytical and writing skills that only history can provide
- Civil Servant
- Diplomatic Corps
- Historical Consultant
- Human Resources
- Parks & Recreation
- The History of the Future
- History of Crime in England
- Trudeau's Canada
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%