Business & Arts (B.A.) - Joint Major
Combine your interests. Gain the competitive advantage.
Study at the only university in Canada to offer a wide range of joint majors in Business Administration. Our unique joint major program allows you to enhance your B.A. degree by combining business courses with your other areas of interest – from Media Studies to Geography, Economics, History and anything in between. When you graduate, you’ll launch into the competitive workforce with an edge – a degree that combines the best of both worlds.
Business & Humanities: Joint Major Options
- Communications & Business
- English Literature and Business
- Gender & Social Justice and Business
- History and Business
- Media Studies and Business
- Philosophy and Business
Business & Social Sciences: Joint Major Options
- Anthropology and Business
- Child & Youth Studies and Business
- Indigenous Studies and Business
- Psychology and Business
- Sociology and Business
The joint-major Honours program. 20.0 credits including the following 8.0 credits:
- 5.0 ADMN credits consisting of ADMN 1000H, 1221H, 2010H, 2100H, 2220H, 2510H, 3021H, 3200H, 3300H, and 4030H
- 1.5 ADMN credits at the 3000 level or beyond in addition to the above
- 1.5 ECON credits consisting of ECON 1010H, 1020H, and 2200H
- Link to university calendar for more information
It is important you draft a course plan for your studies at Trent. By developing a course plan, you ensure you have the required pre-requisite courses to register in the courses you are interested in as well as meet the requirements to graduate.
First year - Students should complete all required ADMN and ECON first year level required courses.
Second year - Students should complete all required ADMN and ECON second year level courses.
Over third and fourth year, students should complete all required ADMN third and fourth year level courses.
Fourth year – Consider applying for the placement course ADMN 4870H (minimum 72% cumulative average required) and secure an experiential learning position with a local agency.
Current Durham campus students, if you have advising questions visit https://www.trentu.ca/durham/academics/academicadvising
If you have Department questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org