One Year Staffing Proposals
Approved by: The Dean of Arts and Science
Issued by: Office of the Dean of Arts and Science
Date: Revised September 2008
Each fall Chairs are asked to make a written proposal to the Dean for academic staffing for the following year. See Chairs’ calendar for deadline for submission. The proposal should be developed after consultation with the departmental committee, the Associate Dean (Part-Time Studies), and the Directors of relevant graduate programs, and it should take the following into account:
- projected enrolments based on past experience
- new courses being introduced
- courses being dropped or not offered
- courses being offered in Oshawa
- graduate courses being taught by members of their department
- approved sabbaticals
- known time releases for faculty
- retirements and partial retirements
- changes to science support personnel where applicable
Chairs are asked to submit their staffing proposals using the forms circulated by the Dean’s Office.
After reviewing departmental staffing proposals, the Dean will follow up with departmental Chairs.
Chairs are asked to submit to the Dean’s Office each year an updated staffing plan which reflects actual teaching assignments in the current year. See Chairs’ calendar for deadline for submission. Chairs are asked to submit their updated staffing plans using the forms circulated by the Dean’s Office.