About Trent University
Two campuses – Peterborough, Ontario and Oshawa, Ontario in Durham
#1 in Ontario - 6 years in a row (Maclean’s Magazine Rankings)
#2 Undergraduate Research University in Canada (Re$earch Infosource Rankings)
“… an over-performer in academic research”
Higher Education Strategy Associates
Consistently recognized nationally for leadership in teaching, research and student satisfaction, Trent attracts excellent students from across the country and around the world.
Here, undergraduate and graduate students connect and collaborate with faculty, staff and their peers through diverse communities that span residential colleges, classrooms, disciplines, hands-on research, co-curricular and community-based activities.
Across all disciplines, Trent brings critical, integrative thinking to life every day. Trent's unique approach to personal development through supportive, collaborative community engagement is in more demand than ever. Students lead the way by co-creating experiences rooted in dialogue, diverse perspectives and collaboration.
In a learning environment that builds life-long passion for inclusion, leadership and social change, Trent's students, alumni, faculty and staff are engaged global citizens who are catalysts in developing sustainable solutions to complex issues.
Trent's Peterborough campus boasts award-winning architecture in a breathtaking natural setting on the banks of the Otonabee River, just 90 minutes from downtown Toronto, while Trent University Durham delivers a distinct mix of programming in the GTA.
2015 Trent Quick Facts
- 8,205 students
- 6,854 undergraduate (Peterborough)
- 869 undergraduate (Durham)
- 482 graduate
- 580 international
- 18:1 student to faculty ratio
- Peterborough Campus
- 90 minutes to downtown Toronto
- 1,450 acres
- 30 km of hiking trails
- 10x per day GO buses run from campus to the GTA
- Durham Campus
- 40 minutes to Union Station in downtown Toronto
- Located in the East GTA, minutes from Highway 401 and Oshawa GO Station
- 3 City of Oshawa recreation centres Trent students can access
Rankings & Reputation
- #1 undergraduate university in Ontario
- #1 in Canada for Scholarships and Bursaries
- #1 in Ontario for Experiential Learning
- #1 in Extracurricular Activities
- #1 in Faculty Awards in Ontario
- Maclean’s University Rankings, 2017
- Among Top 1,000 Universities in the World Center for World University Rankings, 2016
- 87% of Trent grads employed six months after graduation
- 95% of Trent grads employed after two years
- 85% of Trent grads who are employed full-time, two years after graduation, consider their work is directly related to the skills they developed at the University
- Council of Ontario Universities (COU) Graduate Survey, 2015
- 95% of students are happy they chose Trent
- 94% of students are satisfied with the overall quality of their Trent education
Canadian University Survey Consortium, 2012
- Leader in student satisfaction: Trent outranks Ontario universities in 8 of 10 categories, including student-faculty interaction and supportive environment.
National Survey on Student Engagement, 2014
- #2 undergraduate research university in Canada
- #1 in publication intensity in Canada
- #2 in publication impact in Canada
- Re$earch Infosource Rankings, 2016