Navigate to: Research Assistance; Services; Resources; Writing; Interlibrary Loans; General Library; Durham Branch; Useful Links.
- Consult with a Librarian
- Ask a Question
- Send us a comment or question. We usually respond the same working day.
- Workshops & Tours
- Note: As of June 1, 2015, Trent no longer subscribes to RefWorks.
- Citation Management
- See our guide for options to replace RefWorks.
Services for Graduate Students
- Graduate Student Study Room: BL 314
- On the 3rd Floor there's a room set aside for quiet study for Graduate Students only.
- Use your TrentU card for access. If you are having trouble accessing this room, please contact the Campus card office.
- Private Study Carrels
- 31 lockable carrels on the 3rd Floor can be reserved by Graduate Students for the academic year.
- Borrowing Regulations
- TOPCAT is our Library catalogue.
- There are no restrictions on access to TOPCAT; anyone can search it anytime.
- It provides information about ALL library holdings, whether online, in print, or any other format.
- A list of all our online indexes & databases, by title.
- Lists of indexes and resources by subject.
- Find all our e-journals, by title, keyword, subject, ISSN, or provider.
- Trent Library, along with the other OCUL (Ontario Council of University Libraries) sites, uses a service which provides enhanced linking to online resources.
- Using Open URL technology, this product links to online resources at the article or Table of Contents level, as well as offering a search of TOPCAT (the library catalogue) for print resources.
- Information on our website about finding, booking, borrowing, and viewing media.
- Information on our website about finding dissertations and theses.
Trent University Archives
- Trent University Archives is a regional repository for historical papers and records relating to the Trent Valley area and beyond, with special emphasis on those subject areas which complement undergraduate and graduate teaching at Trent.
Spatial and Statistical Data
- Databases available through the Maps, Data and Government Information Centre (MaDGIC).
Center for Research Libraries
- The Center for Research Libraries (CRL) makes available more than 4.5 million publications, archives, and collections and one million digital resources to its members libraries to supplement their own humanities, science, and social science holdings. See more information.
- Material can be obtained for extended loan periods and at no cost by users affiliated with member libraries. Trent is a member.
- Use RACER to request a loan from CRL.
Search Other Library Catalogues with WorldCat
- WorldCat describes itself as "the largest library network in the world. WorldCat libraries are dedicated to providing access to their free resources on the Web, where most people start their search for information" (from the website).
- WorldCat allows you to search a database of the holdings of thousands of libraries worldwide. It's an excellent tool for finding out what is out there.
- Once you know a book exists, you can order it on RACER.
Interlibrary Loans (ILL)
General Library Information
|Contacts in the Library
||A list of who to contact in which department.
|Questions and Comments
||Send us a question or comment. We'll make sure it gets to the right department or person. You can also use the link at the bottom of most of our webpages.
||Using online resources from off-campus locations.
|Gifts to the Library
||Information about donations to the library.
|Group Study Rooms
||The study rooms in the Bata Library are available for use by registered Trent undergraduate and graduate students for group study or projects relating to a Trent course. Rooms may be booked online by any student with a valid Trent user name and password.
Durham Library Services
See the website for Trent University Durham Library for information about Trent Library services in Durham.
Links to Helpful Pages on our Website
This guides and help pages might be useful: