Ideas That Change The World Symposium
50th Anniversary Event
Event Date: Friday, August 8 - Saturday, August 9, 2014
Trent University- Symons Campus
Locations to each panel are listed on their individual pages
Opening Symposium Keynote Address: Friday, August 8 at 9:00 a.m.
$110 + applicable taxes (per person) includes lunches and refreshments
$95 + applicable taxes (per person based on registration of a group of 4 people or more) includes lunches and refreshments
Join over 75 of Trent's most outstanding alumni and faculty as they converge to challenge thinking in the areas of: Education, Indigenous Peoples in Canada, Sustainability & the Environment, Life & Health, and Critical Cultural Inquiry. Opening keynote address by Chancellor Don Tapscott, world authority on innovation, media, and the economic and social impact of technology.
- This Symposium will feature 75+ of Trent's brightest minds, featured in panel discussions, organized in 5 themes.
- Opening Symposium Keynote Address by Dr. Don Tapscott, Author, Entrepreneur and current Chancellor of Trent University, Trent Alumnus '66: "Rethinking Civilization: Five Modest Proposals for a World that Needs Changing".
- The following Five Themes will be offered (of which you pick one):
- How do I pick my sessions?
- Registrants must select one theme only. Each theme will include the Keynote address on Friday morning, followed by two panels on Friday morning and afternoon followed by the third panel of the theme which will occur on Saturday morning.
- Participants will only be permitted to attend a session outside of their panel if space permits and only after all registered guests are seated.
- The following refreshments will be provided to all Symposium Registrants:
- Friday a.m. & p.m. coffee breaks
- Friday buffet lunch
- Saturday a.m. coffee break
- Saturday buffet lunch
Trent University Alumni Affairs would like to thank and acknowledge these incredible speakers for volunteering their time and expertise to be a part of this Symposium.
Thank you to our generous Symposium Lead Sponsors:
Four Corners Group
Thank you to our generous Symposium theme sponsors:
Critical Cultural Inquiry
Stephen Stohn '66
Future of Education
Indigenous Peoples in Canada
Life and Health
Sustainability & Environment
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Alumni Affairs at 705-748-1573