April 3, 1963 - The Trent University Act, 1962-63, Trent receives its charter, Symons becomes first President. "This Act comes into force on the day it receives Royal Assent. This Act may be cited as The Trent University Act, 1963."
October 17, 2014 will mark the 50th anniversary of the official opening address of Professor T. H. B. Symons, M.A. President and Vice-Chancellor of Trent University in Peterborough, Ontario.
50th Anniversary Objectives & Legacies
- Celebrate our shared past, accomplishments and contributions to the world around us
- Rejuvenate the bond with our current and former staff, faculty, friends, alumni and local communities
- Engage new students, partners and donors in the Trent experience
- Raise visibility and improve the reputation of Trent locally, nationally and internationally; laying out our vision for the future
- The Quality of the Student Experience
- Research & Teaching Excellence
- Inclusivity, Diversity and Social Justice
If you have ideas or are interested in volunteering for the 50th Anniversary, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.