Trent Student Health Services does not currently have Covid-19 vaccines available on site.
Still have questions?
Click here to ask an expert.
The following handout provides information on medical exemptions for the COVID-19 vaccine. This includes the few approved exemptions, as well as an explanation of why other reasons are not considered exemptions.
Fourth Doses: Eligibility
Trent Students who are 60 years or older; First Nations and Metis individuals, and their non-indigenous household members, 18 years of age and older are now eligible for a 4th dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Additionally eligible, are Trent Students with certain medical diagnoses or who are immunocompromised (see below). Trent International students who received a vaccine not approved by Health Canada may also be eligible.
Find a full list of eligibility here
Those with certain medical diagnoses or who are immunocompromised are eligible for an additional booster of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Individuals MUST meet one or more of the criteria below to be eligible:
· Transplant recipient
· Individuals with Blood Cancers AND who are on active treatment
· Taking an anti-CD20 medication (for example Rituximab)
· Individuals undergoing active treatment for solid tumours
· Individuals with moderate to severe primary immunodeficiency disorders
· Stage 3 or advanced untreated HIV infections and those with AIDS
· Individuals undergoing active treatment with the following categories of medications that suppress the immune system: anti-B cell therapies; high-dose corticosteroids, alkylating agents, antimetabolites, or tumour-necrosis factor (TNF) inhibitors and other biologic agents that significantly suppress the immune system
A full list of qualifying drugs according to the Ontario government can be found online.
If you are a Trent student and meet these criteria click here to find a vaccine clinic in the Peterborough area.
International students who have received a vaccine that is not approved by Health Canada are advised to get a Health Canada approved shot as soon as possible.
Students who have questions, or need support to obtain an approved COVID-19 vaccine in Ontario, please contact the Trent International team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitting Out of Province Vaccinations
Students who have received one or both COVID-19 vaccine doses outside of Ontario must submit those vaccination receipts to Peterborough Public Health before receiving a third dose in Peterborough. Please follow the link below to submit this information.