Community Living Peterborough
Since the summer of 2007 Trent’s Sustainability Office has been working with a local not for profit group called Community Living Peterborough on developing a campus partnership. Building on the ‘Blue Boxing’ framework established at Fleming College, Blueboxing@Trent works with Community Living to find volunteer opportunities on campus for the people they support.
This program is supported by The Ontario Trillium Foundation through a two-year $67,400 grant received by Community Living in March of 2008.
The Community Living volunteers provide support on campus in a number of ways including:
- recycling/composting education in cafeterias
- printer cartridge collection and shipping
- helping to make convocation bottled water free
- making second life note books
- clearing outdated posts from bulletin boards
- litter collections