- The Research Impact Award is given annually and recognizes a Trent University researcher or research team stewarding original and impactful research which has contributed significantly to society (local, regional. national or international).
- The Distinguished Research Award is given annually to a member of the Trent University faculty in recognition of outstanding achievements in research and scholarship.
- By helping Canadian universities and their affiliated research institutes and hospitals become world-class centres of research and research training, the Chairs Program contributes to enhancing Canada's competitiveness in the global, knowledge-based economy, improving Canadians' health, and enriching our social and cultural life.
- Industrial Research Chair (IRC) Grants are grants that are jointly funded by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) and Industry, for a term of five years. These grants provides funding for the salary of the Chairholder, infrastructure, research tools and instruments, and general expenses related to the Chair’s program of research.
- The Royal Society of Canada is the senior national, bilingual council of distinguished Canadian scholars, humanists, scientists and artists. The primary objective of the Royal Society is to promote learning and research in the arts, the humanities and the sciences.