The use of animals in research and teaching must be accompanied by high ethical standards that are related to the practice. In order to be inline with these practices, Trent University will ensure that all researchers who are working with animals shall receive the proper training and guidance, and resources.
- The members and meeting dates of the Animal Care Committee
- Guidance and instructions on how to properly submit a protocol for review
- Basic Training in Animal Care and Use is a requirement for anyone working with live vertebrates for teaching or research purposes. Completion of the appropriate modules on the Animal Care Blackboard Course meet the basic requirements needed before work under an approved protocol may begin.
- The Canadian Council on Animal Care (CCAC) provides nationally and internationally recognized standards and verifies their effective implementation in Canadian institutions
- This page should provide researchers with additional sources regarding Animal Care