Undergraduate, Graduate and Postdoctoral Fellows Funding Opportunities
Undergraduate Student Opportunities
The following programs are administered by the Office of Research & Innovation. Most of the opportunities listed are linked to institutional quotas and require an internal adjudication process in advance of the published external deadlines. Please contact Alex Lawrie (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more about these research opportunities.
- Northern Scientific Training Program
- Deadline: Nov. 10th, 2020
- NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Awards
- NSERC Aboriginal Ambassadors in the Natural Sciences and Engineering Award
- There are no fixed deadlines for this award. Applications must be made at least two months before the start of a proposed outreach activity.
- Applications for this award are to be submitted directly to NSERC
Graduate Student Opportunities
For information on scholarship and bursaries opportunities, please see the School of Graduate Studies page.
- McLean Graduate Student Award
- Deadline: TBD
MITACS is a national not-for-profit organization that designed and delivered research and training programs in Canada. There are three opportunities for funding:
- Develop a research project and work with an organization that needs it.
- Build your career through this competitive two-year research management training program and postdoctoral fellowship.
- Travel funding to allow you to take your research abroad.
Postdoctoral Fellows and Visiting Scholar Opportunities
- Apply to be a Postdoctoral Fellow or Visiting Scholar
- Guide for Hiring a Foreign Postdoctoral Fellow
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
- John Charles Polanyi Prizes
- SSHRC Talent Award
- The Talent Award recognizes outstanding achievement by an individual who holds a SSHRC doctoral or postdoctoral fellowship or scholarship.