A campus bustling with excitement as future students engage with leading faculty, learn more about innovative academic programs, explore vibrant spaces, and ultimately #DiscoverTrentU for themselves – this is what March Break Open House at Trent University is all about.
“This event promises to be among our biggest open house events to date,” said Marilyn Burns, associate vice-president, Communications & Recruitment. “Students and their parents are recognizing how Trent’s programs, guaranteed career experience, and personalized learning environment make a degree from Trent University so valuable. We can help all students apply, be assessed and even accepted to Trent on the spot. High school students: don’t forget to bring your PIN #.”
Highlights of the Peterborough March Break Open House, which takes place Friday, March 15 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., include:
- Accept an Offer on the Spot: Visit the “Accept Now” table in the Athletics Centre and our admissions team will help you accept your offer on the spot and take a celebratory photo;
- Careerspace: Meet the Careerspace team and find out about how you will be guaranteed a career experience to add to your resume while studying at Trent;
- Faculty Dedicated to Teaching Undergrads: Speak with professors and students about what it’s like to study at Trent at the academic and student services fair;
- New Career-focused Programs: Find out more about a growing range of programs focused on your future: Law & Arts/Law & Business; Chemical Engineering and more;
- A Campus with a Serious View: Tour Canada’s most Instagrammable campus, check out residence rooms and state-of-the-art labs as well as the newly transformed Bata Library; be sure to snap and share a photo at one of the selfie spots to win prizes;
- Small Classes with Top Lecturers: Attend mini-lectures and information sessions;
- Buy the t-shirt! Purchase Trent gear at a discounted price from the campus store;
- A Chance to Win First-Year Tuition: All students who attend will be automatically entered in a draw for a chance to win first-year tuition.
Trent University is also offering free transportation to make it easier to visit campus for Open House. Students and their guests can hop on a Trent-bound bus leaving from Toronto and Scarborough or Ottawa.
About Trent University
One of Canada's top universities, Trent University was founded on the ideal of interactive learning that's personal, purposeful and transformative. Consistently recognized nationally for leadership in teaching, research and student satisfaction, Trent attracts excellent students from across the country and around the world. Here, undergraduate and graduate students connect and collaborate with faculty, staff and their peers through diverse communities that span residential colleges, classrooms, disciplines, hands-on research, co-curricular and community-based activities. Across all disciplines, Trent brings critical, integrative thinking to life every day. Today, Trent's unique approach to personal development through supportive, collaborative community engagement is in more demand than ever. Students lead the way by co-creating experiences rooted in dialogue, diverse perspectives and collaboration. In a learning environment that builds life-long passion for inclusion, leadership and social change, Trent's students, alumni, faculty and staff are engaged global citizens who are catalysts in developing sustainable solutions to complex issues. Trent's Peterborough campus boasts award-winning architecture in a breathtaking natural setting on the banks of the Otonabee River, just 90 minutes from downtown Toronto, while Trent University Durham Greater Toronto Area, delivers a distinct mix of programming in the east GTA.
For more information contact:
Brodie Thompson, communications officer, Trent University, (705) 748-1011 x6240 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you no longer wish to receive news releases and advisories from Trent University, please email email@example.com to unsubscribe. Accessible versions of this document are available upon request at trentu.ca/accessible