Students excited to share their #TrentU experience, engaged faculty imparting their passion for teaching and research, and dedicated staff eager to showcase everything that Trent’s GTA campus has to offer – this is what future students can look forward to when they visit the Trent University Durham GTA March Break Open House on Saturday, March 9, 2019 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
“As our Durham campus in the GTA readies for expansion with a new residence and more academic space, this weekend promises to be our busiest Trent Durham Open House event,” said Marilyn Burns, associate vice-president, Communications & Recruitment. “Students and their parents are recognizing how Trent’s innovative new programs, guaranteed career experience and personalized learning environment make a degree from Trent Durham so valuable. We can help all students apply, be assessed and even accepted to Trent on the spot. High school students: don’t forget to bring your PIN #.”
Highlights of the Trent Durham GTA March Break Open House include:
- Accept an Offer on the Spot: Visit the “Accept Now” table in the front atrium and our admissions team will help you accept your offer on the spot and take a celebratory photo;
- Careerspace: Meet the Careerspace team and find out about how you will be guaranteed a career experience to add to your resume while studying at Trent Durham GTA;
- Faculty Dedicated to Teaching Undergrads: Speak with professors and students about what it’s like to study at Trent Durham at the academic and student services fair;
- New Career-focused Programs: Find out more about a growing range of programs focused on your future: Computing Systems; Law & Arts/Law & Business; Policing & Community Well-being (pending final approval);
- A Close-knit Campus Community: Tour Trent’s Durham GTA campus – tours depart every 10 minutes;
- Campus Expansion Plans: Find out more about Trent’s plans to expand our GTA campus, including new on-campus student residence and academic spaces;
- Small Classes with Top Lecturers: Attend mini-lectures and information sessions;
- Buy the t-shirt! Purchase Trent gear at a discounted price from the Trent Durham Student Association;
- A Chance to Win First-Year Tuition: All students who attend will be automatically entered in a draw for a chance to win first-year tuition;
- Swag Alert: Prospective students are also invited to share a photo of their time at March Break Open House using the hashtag #DiscoverTrentU for a chance to win Trent swag.
Trent University Durham GTA is also offering all students free transportation to make it easier to visit campus for Open House. Students and their guests simply need to show their GO Transit ticket at the registration table in the Front Atrium to be provided with a pre-loaded Presto card.
Trent’s Peterborough campus Open House will take place Friday, March 15, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
About Trent University Durham GTA
Building on a tradition of academic excellence spanning over four decades in the east GTA, Trent University Durham offers a dynamic and rigorous educational experience rooted in the social sciences, humanities and professional programs. Students at Trent University Durham GTA enthusiastically speak of the unparalleled sense of community on campus and the opportunity to be involved in a vibrant and dynamic student life experience. Quickly becoming the campus of choice for top scholars looking for a truly personalized learning experience, Trent University Durham GTA is conveniently located in the GTA, just 40 minutes from downtown Toronto while Trent's Peterborough campus boasts award-winning architecture in a breathtaking natural setting on the banks of the Otonabee River, just 90 minutes from downtown Toronto.
For more information contact:
Kate Gennings, communications & media relations officer, Trent University, (705) 748-1011 x 6180 or email@example.com
If you no longer wish to receive news releases and advisories from Trent University, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe. Accessible versions of this document are available upon request at trentu.ca/accessible