Technology Guide for BL210
The technology in this computer lab supports local presentation with the following equipment:
- iMac computer with Internet on lectern
- Audio visual control panel for content switching
- Laptop adapter cable for HDMI input
- 1 Video projector, 1 projection Screen
- 16 iMac student lab computers
- Classroom sound system
Accessibility: If you require assistance with any of the equipment in the room please contact the Information Technology Service Desk by phoning 705 748-1010 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Lectern Components shown below:
- Audio Visual (AV) control panel
- iMac for instructor (login information available at IT Service Desk in Bata Library)
- Laptop adapter for HDMI input
- Power outlet for laptop
- Telephone for calling technical support at ext. 1010 option 4
Starting a Presentation
To begin using the room for a presentation, choose your desired input source such as PC (iMac) or LAPTOP by pressing the appropriate control pane (1) button. If presenting from the iMac insert your USB memory stick (if desired) and turn it on, login and open your presentation. Optionally, present from a laptop by connecting to the HDMI (3) cable available on the lectern. Note; Mac users will need to bring the appropriate Apple adapter to connect with the lectern's cable if they do not have an onboard HDMI port. Once your presentation is open and ready to share with the class, press POWER ON button on the AV Control panel (1) to start the projector and lower the projection screen.
To adjust audio volume during a local presentation, simply turn the VOLUME dial up or down as desired.
Temporarily cancel video projection to the class by pressing DISPLAY MUTE. Press again to re-enable.
AV Control Panel
When you are finished using the equipment in the room, log off the instructor's iMac and press POWER OFF on the control panel (1) to turn off the projector and raise the projection screen.
Also remember to remove personal USB memory sticks and disconnect laptop if used.
- Teaching & Learning Tools