Technology Guide for BL105.11
The technology in this room supports both local and video conference presentations. With in-room video cameras and microphones it can also be used for delivering webinars or virtual meetings using Zoom. Available equipment in the room as follows:
- Local computer (DVD/CD) with TrentNet, Internet (Trent login ID required)
- Crestron touch screen control panel for AV control and content switching
- HDCP compliant display system
- Laptop adapter cable for HDMI input
- 2 70” LCD Display panels for local presentation and video conference
- 2 Camera Video Conference System
- 2 Loud speakers
- Audio Conference Phone
- Table top microphone for video conference participants and presenters
- Wireless screen sharing with AirMedia
Accessibility: If you require assistance with any of the equipment in the room please contact the Information Technology Service Desk by phoning 705 748-1010 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Getting Started in the Room
- Locate the audio visual touch (control) panel on the lectern at the front left of the room.
- If the screen is dark, touch it anywhere to wake it up.
Getting Started with the Audio Visual Touch Panel
- To begin a Local Presentation, start here:
- This is the first screen you should see upon waking the panel. Touch again to bring up the main menu.
Doing a Local Presentation
- To begin, tap the Power On button for one or both displays as desired.
- Then tap the desired media source you wish to display such as "Lectern PC", "Laptop" or "AirMedia" .
- Power on the Local PC in the podium rack if needed, and login with your Trent username and password.
- Insert a USB memory stick in lectern PC if presenting from that device.
- Optionally, present from a laptop by connecting to the HDMI adapter cable on the lectern.
- If you wish to include audio be sure to select "Left Display" for your presentation.
- Switch from one input source to another as desired for each display.
- AirMedia provides wireless screen sharing for both presenter and participants in the room from their personal laptops or mobile devices. Open your browser and go to the URL shown in the address bar of the AirMedia welcome page. Then enter the access code shown on the bottom of the touch panel. The Crestron AirMedia app is also available for Android and iOS.
- To adjust volume during a local presentation, simply press the up or down arrow in the Volume box on the right of every screen.
- When you’re done your presentation, please be sure to turn off the system by tapping "Shutdown" in the upper right. Instructions for this function are at the button of the page.
Doing a Video Conference Session
To begin using the room for video conferencing tap "Video Conference / Thesis Defence" button in the centre. This will activate the in-room video cameras, turn on the communication system, both room display panels and display the Camera Control menu shown on next page.
Power on the Lectern PC in the podium rack if needed and login with your Trent username and password. Insert a USB memory stick in local PC if presenting from that device. Optionally, present from a laptop by connecting to the HDMI adapter cable on the lectern.
Note: All video conference calls must be pre-arranged with I.T. at least three days in advance by using the online request form in myTrent under Services > IT Services > Request a Video Conference Meeting
When you are finished your conference or class, please be sure to turn off the system by using the "Shutdown" button shown at the button of the page.
Video Conference – Camera and Input Control
This is the first page you will see when starting a Video Conference session. Here, you can control the cameras both in this room and the far room and share your content to the other conference participants.
To change which camera is active, select the appropriate camera button on the left . For presentations being sent from this room select Presenter Camera. For presentations being received from the far room select Participant Camera.
After selecting the camera use the Movement and Zoom controls to adjust the camera angle and focus of the presenter/participants.
To share your content source (lectern PC, laptop, document camera, AirMedia) tap desired option under Content. Tap Stop Content to stop sending.
The Dialing Control tab is for dialing calls but, typically in-room dialing is not necessary as all video conference calls must be pre-arranged with I.T. three days in advance by using the request form in myTrent under Services > IT Services > Request a Video Conference Meeting.
The presenter speaks into the table top microphone during a video conference for his/her voice to be transmitted to the far end. This device is available at the lectern. The table top microphone is for participants at the table as well.
The "Mics On" button indicates the current status of room microphone. Tap "Mics On" to mute all audio being sent to the far end site. Tap "Mics Off" to re-enable audio.
To navigate the on-screen Polycom menu, choose the Menu Control tab (this an advanced operation and typically not required).
Tap "Back to Sources" button at the top any time to return to the main menu.
Video Conference – Dialing Control
The "Dialing Control" tab can be used for advanced dialing that requires an IP or address to be entered. For more help with advanced dialing, please call the help desk at extension 1010.
Note: typically video conference connections will be pre-arranged with I.T. so in-room dialing will not be required . Video conference calls can be scheduled by using the online request form in myTrent under Services > IT Services > Request a Video Conference Meeting. Calls should be requested three days in advance.
Tap "Hang Up" to end the conference call. On the subsequent prompt select an individual call to end or choose "Hang Up All Calls" and then "Close".
Video Conference – Menu Control
The control pad in the centre allows you to navigate the on-screen Polycom menu. Note; This is used for advanced operation and typically not required by the user.
Tap "Hang Up" to end the conference call. On the subsequent prompt select an individual call to end or choose "Hang Up All Calls" and then "Close"
Tap Home to return to the Polycom home screen.
Tap "Toggle Selfview PiP" to display a self view window on the in-room display. Tap a second time to remove.
When you are finished using the equipment in the room, logoff the lectern PC and press the "Shutdown" button found in the top right corner of every screen. You are presented with the option to cancel in case you accidentally pressed the Shutdown button. To continue with ending your session, press the green “Yes” button. To return to the previous screen, press the red “No” button.
Remove USB memory sticks from the podium computer if one was used.
System shut down will disconnect all calls and turn off the room displays.
- Teaching & Learning Tools