Sync OneDrive to your Computer
This document will explain how to setup a local copy of your Trent University OneDrive account on your computer and keep it in sync with the web.
- If you are using a Trent imaged computer with Windows 7, you already have the software. Skip to Step 1
- Otherwise, please download the applicable OneDrive for Business application from the list below:
- OneDrive for Business – Windows 7 32bit
- OneDrive for Business – Windows 8
Setup Sync with Desktop:
- Go to trentu.ca/mytrent, login and select Outlook (email) in Services>IT Services
- Click the ‘Apps’ button at the top left in Outlook
- Click the settings button at the far top-left, then click OneDrive tile.
- Click the ‘sync’ button pictured below
- On the window that pops up, select ‘Sync now’ :
- You may be prompted with a warning, whatever the wording, allow it to launch/run etc.. Chrome’s looks like this :
- This will start the sync process. Dialog boxes will walk you through such as the one below which indicates that the syncing has started.
Now that you’re syncing your OneDrive straight to a folder on your computer, it is much easier to work with.
You can access via the Start Menu icon on the bottom left of your screen, then click on Computer, or click on the open file icon in the bottom ribbon.
You’ll notice your OneDrive folder under Favorites list.
This folder is now in sync with the OneDrive Web app. Anything you add/delete/change in one, will be reflected in the other.
Folder within Windows on your computer:
One Drive Web App version:
- Professor Emeriti
- Email & Collaboration