Setting up your email with Outlook 2016
- Click the Windows Start button
- Type ‘Outlook’ into the search bar.
- When it finds it, select Outlook 2016.
- At the ‘Welcome to Outlook 2016’ page, select Next.
- At the ‘Add an Email Account’ page, select Yes, then Next.
- Enter your full name, Trent email address and password twice in the next screen, then click Next:
- After Outlook has completed the setup for your account, select Finish.
- Wait for Outlook to load and once it has opened, close it and re open it (refer to steps 1, 2 and 3 to re-open it).
- Wait for Outlook to load and once it has opened you will be prompted with the security windows.
- Enter your Trent U email address and password and toggle (check) ‘remember my credentials’. This will remove this prompt from showing up every time you open Outlook.
Add Outlook to your Taskbar:
Keep a shortcut on the taskbar at the bottom of your screen by:
- Right-click the icon in the Start menu
- Select ‘Pin to taskbar’.
- Professor Emeriti
- Email & Collaboration