Outlook - Adding Student Email Address book
- In Outlook click ‘File’
- Click the ‘Account settings’ button, then select ‘Account Settings’ again from the drop down menu.
- Click the ‘Address Books’ tab at the top and far right.
- Click the ‘New…’ button
- Select ‘Internet Directory Service (LDAP) > click ‘Next’
- Type in ‘ldap.trentu.ca’ as the server name > click ‘Next’.
- Close and open Outlook as the next pop-up tells you to.
- Once it’s open again, click the ‘New Email’ button, then click ‘Address Books’
- You’ll find your new LDAP address book under the dropdown menu that currently says ‘Global address book’
- Select ‘ldap.trentu.ca’
- You may now search for students.
NOTE students names are stored as their username, so there is no space between first and last names.
INCORRECT: ‘firstname lastname’
- Email & Collaboration