lynda.com - Quick Start
lynda.com is a web-based training service with 2000+ courses on software, technology and business related subjects. It has been licensed for staff and faculty use at Trent.
Access has been integrated with myTrent to facilitate single sign-on, eliminating the need to maintain another username and password. The service can be accessed as follows: Login to myTrent and go to Support > IT Support > lynda.com icon:
In the search bar, type "how to use lynda.com" for an instructional video on using the system… and you’re on your way.
Access from Mobile Devices:
iOS mobile users:
- iOS mobile users can download the lynda.com app from the App Store.
- After installing and opening the lynda home page, select “Web Portal or Institution Access” prompts and enter "www.trentu.ca"
- You will see the myTrent portal sign-on screen. Enter your myTrent credentials, and you will be directed to your lynda.com profile to begin training.
Android and others:
- For other mobile devices such as Android, navigate to www.lynda.com from your mobile device’s browser.
- In the top-right corner of the homepage, select “log in”.
- Go to ”Log in through my organization or school” section and enter www.trentu.ca,and select "Go".
- Use your TrentU credentials to login at the myTrent prompt. You will be directed to your lynda.com profile to begin training.
- contains your playlists, your listening and training history and new course introductions
What kind of training is there?
There are many options on a variety of topics. Setup your own playlist and goals!
- For technical assistance click on the support pull-down and select “contact us”.
- Send an email to their Technical Support department by completing the email form, or phone: 1 (888) 335-9632.