Lecture Capture: Panopto Setup - Lectern PC
This user guide will describe how to record lectures using the Panopto Webcast system in an equipped lecture hall.
Before recording with Panopto you will require a Microphone peg from the IT department (located in the Bata Library) as well as an integration into the Blackboard system. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to have an integration installed in your Blackboard course.
Step 1 - Login to the workstation and initial setup
- Login to the lectern PC as you normally would and power on the projector
- On the Crestron touch panel, push the Camera Control button and push the on button to turn the camera on
- Set the desired camera angle, generally you'll want to use either Podium Zoom or Wide Screen for best results
Step 2 - Launch the Panopto program
- Double click the Panopto icon located on the desktop
- Login to the Panopto system with your myTrent credentials
- On the Panopto recording window, click the down arrow next to Folder and select the folder that corresponds to your course.
- Set the audio source needed as Line in (Realtek High Definitio)
- Click the Add Another Video Source button and select the AverMedia HD from the dropdown menu
- If you are using an overflow room, click the webcast button
Step 3 - Start and Stop the Recording
- After all the options above have been set, turn on the microphone and tap it gently. Notice the bars on the audio register flash when you tap the mic
- Click the record button to begin the recording and present normally
- When you've concluded your lecture, click the stop button.
- On the Recording Complete page, click Upload
- Close the Panopto recorder and logoff the computer normally
- Teaching & Learning Tools