IPrint-Client and Printer Installation
Trent-provisioned computers are imaged with the iPrint client, but the client included with the image may not be the most current version available as images are updated perodically, or it may have been some time since your computer was originally or last imaged.
Before trying to install a new printer, please check your system to verify the particular version of the client currently installed. The most recent client will ensure that the most recent printers added to the system can be installed if requested.
- Anything less that Version 6.0 (if installed on your machine) should be replaced by the newest version by running the "install process" per the following instructions:
To verify the IPrint client version your system is currently running:
- Look for the Iprint icon in the bottom ribbon in the system tray (to the right)
- Right click on the Iprint icon and choose "IPrint Settings" from the menu
IPrint client install or update process:
- Click Start button
- Firefox (will need to run as administrator) or Safari may also be used on Apple products.
- Please note that Google Chrome is not supported for Iprint application
- Hover over and right click on the Internet Explorer: icon. This will bring up another menu
- Navigate to and left click on Run as Administrator in the pop-up menu
- Key in iprint.trentu.ca in the browser URL entry line
- Click on Yes to answer the dialog box popup to allow the program to make changes to your browser or computer
- Follow any on-screen prompts to complete the process.
- Shutdown your browser and re-start Internet Explorer.
Installing a printer using the IPrint client
Reminder: You should be running Iprint v.6.0.0 minimum for best results.
- Key in iprint.trentu.ca in the browser URL entry line.
- Navigate to and click on the network printer you wish to install
- Follow prompts to complete the process.
- Note: You may see a browser warning on the top of the IE window stating the required Active-x control is being blocked.
- Click on that warning bar and click on the option to Run the Active-x control
- Return to the iprint website above (Step 2) and re-select the desired network printer and attempt the print installation again.
If you require assistance, please contact the IT Service Desk: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Computing & Printing