How to Use OneDrive on the Web
This document will explain how to use your Trent University OneDrive for Business account on the web.
If you would rather watch a quick video tutorial, click here : Video and more info
- Go to trentu.ca/myTrent, login then click the ‘Outlook’ icon
- From here, click the settings button (9 white boxes on a blue background) at the far top-left, then click OneDrive (pictured below):
- You will see a page similar to the following.
- To upload files, simply drag them from a folder on your computer onto this page, or click the ‘Upload’ button along the top row and browse for the file you want.
- You can also use the ‘+new’ button along the top row to create new Microsoft documents that you can edit from within OneDrive using web versions of Word, Powerpoint, Excel and OneNote.
- You can interact with your files from within the web, or you can select the file by clicking just to the left of its icon to download a copy of it to work on as seen in the image below :
Monitoring Storage - Checking from the web:
- Click the little gear icon next to your name at the top right, then select ‘Site settings’. There are two methods for doing this - either via the web - Steps 1 to 3 or via the Sync Client (if you have it setup on your system).
- Then select ‘Storage Metrics’ under the ‘Site Collection Administration’ heading
- You will now see how much space you have left at the top of your screen slightly below and to the right of the heading.
Monitoring Storage - Via the Sync Client
If you have One Drive synced to your desktop:
- Find the little OneDrive icon down by the clock at the bottom right of your screen (may be in the "hidden/more icon area)
- Right-click it and select ‘Manage Storage’.
- Click ‘View OneDrive for Business Storage
- You can see how much space you have left at the top of your screen slightly below and to the right of the heading.
- Professor Emeriti
- Email & Collaboration