Blackboard - Faculty - Tests: Adding SAS Exceptions to Tests
This document will provide instructions on how to assign alternate times in online tests for students who may require accommodations.
In the past it was necessary to create an alternate quiz and use adaptive release to attain this functionality. However, as of December 2014 options have been added to the core Blackboard functionality to allow this to happen from the quiz setup screen.
- Edit the test by selecting the down arrow beside the test icon
- Select “Edit the test options”
- Scroll down the page to section 3. "Test Availability and Exceptions"
- Select Add User or Group
TO AFFORD ADDITIONAL TIME or ALTERNATE DATES TO COMPLETE THE TEST:
In the popup area:
- Select the users to whom you would like to give extra time
- Click the checkbox next to their name.
- You can select as many users as needed at once.
- You may need to select the "Show All" button at the bottom of the table to see all the users needed.
- Click on Submit and the users you have selected should now appear under Test Availability Exceptions in the Test Options window
- Enter the number of minutes you'd like the user to receive for the test (if applicable) and/or
- To set alternate dates for the test, click the calendar button on this pop-up
- If selecting alternate dates, the following menu will appear after clicking the calendar button.
- You can use the calendar buttons to control when each of the exception students will be able to see and complete the test.
|After||display the test after a certain date|
|Until||display it until that date and time|
- Once you have finished setting exceptions for each student you can return to set other test options if desired.
- After all the test options have been configured, click SUBMIT to SAVE.
- For support with this process or other Blackboard inquiries please contact the IT service desk at email@example.com or by phone at 705-748-1011 x 1010
- Teaching & Learning Tools