Zoom - Students - Live sessions through Blackboard
Instructions for students using Zoom through your Blackboard course
This guide covers:
To get started using Zoom outside of Blackboard, see our Zoom Web Conferencing guide.
Video version of this guide:
- From the left menu within your course in Blackboard, select the Zoom Live Sessions link.
- In the list of Upcoming Meetings, verify that the Start Time matches the session you would like to join, then select the Join button on the right.
- Launch Zoom if you have previously installed Zoom, or save and launch the Zoom application at the prompt.
- From the Zoom Live Sessions section of your Blackboard course, select Cloud Recordings.
- Verify the date and time of the session you would like to watch.
- Select the recording's title.
- Select the Play icon in the video window.
- Note: If a pop-up blocker is enabled in your browser, you may need to select the Play icon a second time.
- The password will be copied to your clipboard. You can also view or manually copy the password by selecting the Display or Copy icons to the right of the video's masked password. The password only appears after selecting the Play icon.
- If prompted to log in to Zoom, select Sign in with SSO instead of trying to log in directly with Zoom. Enter "trentu" as the company domain, and sign in using your myTrent credentials.
- Paste or type the password, then select Access Recording.
- If you experience a permissions error when trying to access a recording, please try first accessing the Zoom Conferencing icon in the myTrent Portal to be properly authenticated with Zoom, then try accessing the recording again in the same browser session.
- For more information on using Zoom at Trent, see our Zoom Web Conferencing guide.
- Contact the IT Help Desk at email@example.com or 705-748-1010.
- Media Services
- Teaching & Learning Tools