YuJa - Video Quiz
- A YuJa video quiz can be used to insert questions into your video lecture.
- Video quizzes are graded automatically unless short answer questions are used.
- The number of times a video quiz can be taken by a student can be limited or unlimited.
- YuJa recommends that students do not attempt video quizzes in Safari due to occasional problems that will result in the grade not being recorded. Chrome or Firefox are recommended.
This guide covers:
- Record or upload your video to YuJa.
- In the YuJa web interface (accessed from the YuJa Video Platform tool link from your Blackboard course menu), find the video to which you would like to add a quiz. Hover over the video and select More....
- Select Quizzes from the left menu, then select Create Quiz.
- Press the play button to start the video and navigate to the time for the first question.
- Select Add Question under the video player. The video will pause automatically while you create your question.
- Select the desired question type. All question types except short answer are automatically graded.
- Assign a point value, enter the question text, add a hint (optional), and supply a list of answer options (if applicable). There is a minimum of two answer options, but you can add more with the Add Option button. Select the checkbox to the left of the correct answer(s).
- When ready, select Save.
- Repeat steps 4 to 8 as required to add additional questions. Questions can be edited by selecting one from the Question List.
- Enter a name for the quiz in the Enter Quiz Name box. This will be the title displayed in Blackboard.
- Select Settings to adjust the Quiz settings:
- You can Disable Fast Forwarding.
- You can also select Provide Answer Right Away which allows the student to see the answer before submitting the question.
- You can also limit the number of attempts and select which grade is entered into the Blackboard Grade Center.
- Select Save to confirm your settings changes.
- Once ready, Save your quiz. There is no need to publish the quiz within YuJa.
- In Blackboard, navigate to the course content section where you would like to post the video quiz.
- To post a YuJa Video Quiz in Blackboard, it must be done through Build Content -> YuJa Media Link. It will not work via the Mashups tool.
- From the Build Content -> YuJa Media Link section, select the Quizzes tab and select your quiz. This will create a link for your students in Blackboard as well as a Blackboard Grade Center column for the quiz.
- The Blackboard Grade Center column for video quizzes can be hidden from students and edited in the same manner as other Grade Center columns.
- If your quiz does not contain any short answer questions, the grade will be automatically calculated and posted.
- If your quiz does contain a short answer question:
- Go back to the YuJa web interface (accessed from the YuJa Video Platform tool link from your Blackboard course menu).
- Select the menu (the dots in the top right), then select Usage & Analytics.
- Select Grade Book from the left menu.
- From the Select a group drop-down box, select your course name.
- From the Select a quiz drop-down box, select the relevant quiz name.
- Select Get Result.
- At the bottom of this page, select Grade Now to assign a pass/fail grade to each short answer.
- Media Services
- Teaching & Learning Tools