Please note: If your video conference will have multiple people in one room at Trent, the room must first be booked with Room Bookings. For a list of compatible rooms, please see the Video Conferencing service page.
Hosting a Video Conference
If your video conference will not be using H.323 endpoints and:
- will be only two participants (yourself connecting with one external participant), or;
- will be more than two participants but not longer than 40 minutes in duration,
then you can schedule and/or host your own Zoom web conference. For all other video conferences, please see the Requesting a Video Conference section below.
To host a Zoom web conference:
- Sign in to https://trentu.zoom.us using your myTrent credentials.
- To host an ad-hoc meeting, hover over Host a Meeting in the top right and select With Video On.
- To schedule a meeting, select Meetings on the left navigation menu, then select Schedule a New Meeting. Invitation text can be copied and sent to external participants.
Requesting a Video Conference
For video conferences with more than two participants and longer than 40 minutes, or video conferences using H.323 endpoints, please use the following instructions to request a video conference. Please note that requests must be made at least three days in advance of the date required.
- Fill out the Video Conference Request form on the myTrent Portal under Services -> IT Services.
- Add any special instructions or requests for additional assistance in the Booking Notes section of the form.
- Wait for the invitation or confirmation e-mail from Trent Video Conference (may take up to three days).
If you have any questions regarding video conferencing, please contact email@example.com.
- Professor Emeriti
- Email & Collaboration
- Teaching & Learning Tools