There are a couple of different ways that users can organize a teleconference here at Trent:
Use your Cisco VOIP phone's conference feature. Conferencing allows you to connect up to 4 parties including yourself.
- While on a call, press the "More" and then Confrn softkey. You will hear a tone and original caller(s) now on hold.
- Dial the number you wish to add to the call (Start with a "9" if it is an external number)
- When the called party (#3) answers you can talk privately.
- To complete the loop and initiate the conference call so all three parties (including you) can participate, press the Confrn softkey again.
- Repeat the procedure (Steps 1 to 4) to add the 4th participant to the conference, if necessary.
If you make an error while transferring a call, press EndCall and then Resume softkeys to return to the original caller. Re-initiate the process.
- If you have more than 3 guests, a Conference Phone is available for booking via MyTrent>Services. The Conference phone can be picked up per your reservation at the IT Service Desk in Bata Library. An Audio Conferencing On-Demand Card is required and provides reservation-free conferencing services, 24/7. The cost is a flat rate of $0.04/minute/participant for calls throughout Canada and the US. To open your account with Vesta Networks and to obtain a Conference Call Card, email email@example.com or call 1-866-281-9191. Be sure to reference Trent University to ensure these rates.
- Professor Emeriti