Technology Guide for BL106.2
This room is equipped to support studio-based computer recordings (YuJa) for online course content and other presentations.
- Dell OptiPlex computer (under desk to the left)
- Two desktop monitors
- Webcam with integrated microphone
- Keyboard and mouse
Starting a Recording
- If it is not already on, turn on the computer using the power button located on the Dell OptiPlex tower. Log in to the computer using your Trent credentials.
- Open a web browser and navigate to your Blackboard course. Select the YuJa Video Platform link from the left menu of your course.
- Select Create Recording at the top of the YuJa section. Select Start.
- Adjust the recording options as required (to turn on/off the camera and/or screen recording), and ensure the sound bar registers your voice when you speak.
- When ready to record, select Start.
- When finished, select the Stop icon. Select Save.
- To ensure the entire video is uploaded to YuJa for processing, wait a few minutes after completing your last recording before logging out of or shutting down the computer.
Depending on the length of your video, it may take up to several hours to process in YuJa.
More information on using YuJa can be found in our YuJa User Guides.
- Media Services
- Teaching & Learning Tools