Technology Guide for BL105.5
This room is equipped to support studio-based computer recordings (YuJa) for online course content and other presentations.
- Dell OptiPlex computer (under desk to the right)
- Desktop monitor
- Webcam with integrated microphone
- Wacom tablet
- Keyboard and mouse
Note: The Sharp display is not in use at this time.
Starting a Recording
- If it is not already on, turn on the computer using the power button located on the Dell OptiPlex tower. Log in to the computer using your Trent credentials.
- Open a web browser and navigate to your Blackboard course. Select the YuJa Video Platform link from the left menu of your course.
- Select Create Recording at the top of the YuJa section. Select Start.
- Adjust the recording options as required (to turn on/off the camera and/or screen recording), and ensure the sound bar registers your voice when you speak.
- When ready to record, select Start.
- When finished, select the Stop icon. Select Save.
- To ensure the entire video is uploaded to YuJa for processing, wait a few minutes after completing your last recording before logging out of or shutting down the computer.
Depending on the length of your video, it may take up to several hours to process in YuJa.
More information on using YuJa can be found in our YuJa User Guides.
Using the Wacom tablet
- To use the Wacom tablet for annotations or writing notes on-screen, simply hover the Wacom pen over the tablet surface to orient yourself on the screen, then write on the surface. You can make notes over your PowerPoint slides or write using other compatible software.
- Do not use alcohol or detergent on the Wacom tablet. The device will fail if exposed to liquids. Clean using an anti-static cloth or slightly damp cloth and light pressure.
- Media Services
- Teaching & Learning Tools