Setup LinkedIn LEARNING and Connect Your LinkedIn Account
When accessing LinkedIn LEARNING for the first time you have the option of connecting a LinkedIn account for a more personalized learning experience that provides more recommendations related to your job interests and what others in your profession are watching. This guide takes you through the steps of setting up your Trent University LinkedIn LEARNING account and connecting a LinkedIn account (a personal one you may have already or a new one that will be created in the steps below) (Note: a LinkedIn account is separate from your Trent and LinkedIn LEARNING accounts)
1. Access LinkedIn LEARNING by logging into myTrent and clicking the SUPPORT tab, then scrolling down to IT Support and clicking LinkedIn LEARNING.
2. Click the button Connect my LinkedIn account (Note; You may also use this option to create a LinkedIn account if you don't have one and want to connect it)
3. If you have a LinkedIn account already enter your LinkedIn credentials and Sign in. Or, if you don't have one and wish to create it, click Join now to create and have it connected.(Note: your LinkedIn account is separate from your Trent U account and LinkedIn LEARNING)
4. If you selected Join now above, you will be prompted to complete the LinkedIn sign-up forms as shown below. Otherwise, you will jump to the LinkedIn LEARNING identity confirmation page, step 9. below.
5. Provide your region and postal code and click Next.
6. Enter job details or just click I'm a student
7. If your a student complete your school information and Continue or click I'm not a student.
8. Check your email for the LinkedIn confirmation code. Enter it here and Agree & Confirm.
10. Complete the following prompts to define your learning interests.
11. Select your main areas interest.
12. Select skills you would like to learn and Continue.
13. You arrive at your LinkedIn LEARNING home page and can start learning!
- Professor Emeriti
- Teaching & Learning Tools