Microsoft Teams - Apps and Tools
Microsoft Teams is a multi-use platform that allows groups to communicate together in written, video, and audio formats as well as share files and resources together. This guide will outline the process of adding additional apps and resources to a Teams site or channel.
Open Microsoft Teams and select the Team you wish to add an app or resource for.
Select the + (plus) button next to the icon for files.
From the add a tab menu, select the tab that you wish to add. Some popular options are outlined in the table below.
Complete the wizard to select an existing resource, or create a new one. When you have completed this step, the app will appear along the toolbar (next to files) for the team to easily access.
Note - when sharing existing resources, permissions for the item will be automatically added to everyone in the team.
Popular Apps and Functions
- Microsoft OneNote - Create a digital notebook for the team where artifacts (links, pictures, videos) can be shared in a digital binder.
- Planner - A tool that's designed to organize projects and tasks among team members.
- Wiki - A free-form document that can be used to share resources with the team.
- Lists - Keep track of team to-do's
- Document Library - Similar to the files app that's included by default but allows you to share an existing SharePoint library.
- Excel, PowerPoint, Word, PDF - This allows you to pin a specific document for easy access.
- Website - Links directly to an existing website.
For support with this process, please contact the IT service desk either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 705-748-1010.
- Professor Emeriti
- Computing & Printing
- Email & Collaboration
- Teaching & Learning Tools