Microsoft Bookings: For Individuals
For general information on using Microsoft Bookings, please start with our Getting Started guide.
Customize your Bookings site
- Once your Microsoft Bookings site has been created (see our Getting Started guide), you can customize your site to suit your needs.
Set Business Information
- Select Business Information from the left navigation menu.
- Set the hours that you would like clients to be able to book into your calendar by defining the Business hours section.
- To offer two separate time blocks on a single day, select the + button to the right of the times.
- To disallow bookings for a certain day, select the X button to the right of the times.
Set up Services
- Select Services from the left navigation menu.
- If this is the first service for your Bookings site, select the Initial consult service to edit it and turn it into one of your services. Otherwise, select Add a service.
- Adjust the Service name. For office hours, it may be helpful to allow varying appointment lengths -- for example: 15 minute consult, 30 minute chat, etc.
- Adjust the Description to describe what you are offering for the appointment.
- Add a Default location for this type of service -- for example: IT Service Desk, Bata Library 2nd floor, or online video call.
- You can also select Add online meeting to add join information using Microsoft Teams. External clients can connect to you via Teams in their browser.
- Set the Default Duration.
- Consider adding Buffer time to allow time to regroup before or after each appointment.
- Select Let the customer manage their booking to allow the client to change or cancel their appointment from their confirmation e-mail.
- Adjust the Reminders and Confirmations section to send reminders to your client and/or yourself as desired. By default, an e-mail reminder is sent the day before to both you and your client.
- Select your name under Assign Staff (at the right or the end of this page) to allow clients to book this service with you.
- Select Save at the top when finished.
- Select Add a service to add additional services or different appointment lengths that you would like to offer.
Set custom time off
- Confirm that your personal Office 365 (Outlook) calendar is up-to-date with vacations, holidays, and University closures. This will prevent clients from booking into your calendar when you are not available.
Configure and publish the Booking Page
- Once you have defined your services and available hours, select Booking Page from the left navigation menu.
- Select Require an Office 365 account from my organization to book to limit the ability to book appointments to only Trent faculty, staff, and students.
- Select Disable direct search engine indexing of booking page.
- Set the Minimum lead time and the Maximum lead time for booking appointments. It is recommended to keep a minimum lead time of at least 24 hours and a maximum lead time of 30 days.
- When you are ready, select Save and publish at the top of this page.
- Open published page to view what it looks like for your clients. Copy the link to the Booking page to distribute as appropriate.
- For faculty or TA office hours, the Booking page link can be copied and posted in your Blackboard course for students to access.
- Email & Collaboration
- Teaching & Learning Tools