MFA - Enrolling in MFA
Enrollment in MFA is a one-time process that requires the setup of several MFA devices to authenticate you. Users can either self-service using the instructions below, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for on-boarding assistance.
Self-service MFA setup
- Using your Trent University email account, send an email to email@example.com to request that your account is provisioned with MFA.
- Once your MFA has been provisioned, the next time you login to an MFA connected service you'll be prompted to setup your MFA devices.
- Download the Microsoft Authenticator app from either the Google Play store (Android or the Apple App Store)
- Open the App on your phone. Answer allow if prompted to allow notifications and select Add Account.
- Select Work or School account from the list provided.
- Scan the QR code that appears on the login page. Once complete click authenticate me now.
- After you click the ‘Authenticate me now’ button, your device will get a notification for you to Approve. Select ‘Approve’ on your phone and you will see your MyTrent login on your computer complete.
- Accounts & Access