MacMail setup - GMAIL
Enable IMAP in your Trent Gmail Account
- Log into your myTrent Account
- Click on the Google Mail icon in the Favourites bar across the bottom of myTrent or navigate using menus to: MyTrent>Service>IT Services
Once your email is open click on the gear icon in the upper right and click on “Settings”
Within Settings click on the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” section. By default IMAP will be disabled. Click the “Enable IMAP” radio button and click “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page.
Add your Trent Gmail Account to Mac Mail
- Now open Mac Mail from your Dock or from within your Applications folder on your Mac.
- If this is the first time you’ve used Mac Mail you will be prompted to select the Mail account type to add. Select “Google” and click Continue.
- If you have used Mac Mail before click on the Mac Mail menu to the right of the Apple icon. Select “Accounts…” and select “Google” to add another mail account of that type.
- You will be prompted to sign into a Google Account. Enter your full myTrent email as “firstname.lastname@example.org” and click “NEXT”
- You should be taken to a myTrent login page. From here enter your myTrent username and password like you would to log into the myTrent portal. Click “Login” when done.
- After you successfully login you should be prompted to select what you want to sync to your Mac Mail application. By default Mail will be checked off.
- If you would like to sync any of the other items you will need to check the corresponding checkbox.
- Click “Done” to complete the setup.
- After a few seconds to a few minutes your Mac Mail application should load your mailbox and gradually download your emails.
- Computing & Printing
- Email & Collaboration