Installing Staff Printers (Active Directory)
If you are still running Windows 7, please see Install an Office printer-Win7 for instructions
Already have your printer installed and need to know how to Set as Default Printer?
Windows 10 installation:
Before starting either installation process you must have the PRINTER NAME which is indicated on the TRENT IT label affixed to the printer. If your printer does not have an IT label, please contact ADMigration@trentu.ca
Write down the name and return to your computer. (example: IT-PRINTER-03).
Click on the Start Menu
Type Printers. Select "Printers and Scanners"
Select "Add a Printer or a Scanner"
From the expanded listing, choose the Printer you want to install (printer name from the label on the printer).
- Again, if your printer does not have the label on it with the printer name, please contact email@example.com
From the "Related Settings" right navigation menu, select Devices and Printers
Highlight the printer you wish to set as DEFAULT (Always prints to this one from the Print Menu in Office - unless you override the selection).
Right click and select "Set as Default Printer".
On a Mac:
To set it as your default printer on a Mac:
- Click on Apple icon on upper left corner of your screen and select System Preferences
- Select the Printers and Scanners icon
- In the Printers listing, on the left of the Printers and Scanners screen, right click on the printer
- Choose Set default printer option
- Computing & Printing