Google Sync on IOS mobile devices
Google Apps IOS Setup
Please note that Google Sync is only supported on iPhone OS versions 3.0 and above. You can check the current version by going to Settings > General > About > Version. To upgrade, follow the instructions at http://www.apple.com/iphone/softwareupdate/.
Setting up Google Sync on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch device
- Open the Settings application on the device's home screen
- Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap Add Account
- Select Microsoft Exchange – NOT Google!
Enter Account Info
- In the Email field, enter the username (your Trent credentials) in the format: XXX@trentu.ca
- Leave the Domain field blank.
- Enter the full Google Account email address as the Username (XXX@trentu.ca).
- Enter the Trent Google Account password as the Password.
- Tap Next at the top of the screen.
- If the Unable to Verify Certificate dialog appears, choose Cancel
- When the new Server field appears, enter m.google.com.
- Press Next at the top of your screen again.