- Change the fax speed to 9600 bps (recommended speed for no issues).
- Set the protocol to G3 (Super G3 has known inter-operative issues with ATAs).
- Disable Super G3.
- Disable the Error Correcting Mode (ECM).
Within the University:
- Dial 4 digit extension number (last 4 digits of fax number)
- Dial 9+10 digit local number
Long Distance (Canada & U.S.):
- Dial 9+1+Area Code+Number+<Pause Button>+5 digit Long Distance Code
Long Distance (International / Overseas)
- Dial 9+011+Country Code+City Code+Number+<# key>+<Pause Button>+5 digit Long Distance Code
***In some cases multiple pauses will be required when faxing to an international destination***
Please note: Since fax machines vary significantly between manufacturers and models, please consult your user manual or fax machine vendor for complete directions.
- Professor Emeriti